Monday, June 8, 2020

Wawa Escapades

Federal Judge Approves $25M Settlement in Wawa Employee Stock ...


I went to Wawa for a grilled cheese for lunch. Sourdough bread, cheddar, provolone, bacon, and hit the 'special order' button to request jalapeƱos. So money. While I was waiting for my sandwich to be made I leaned up against the counter. I'm overweight and lazy (See:bacon on grilled cheese^^), so 
I subconsciously rested on the surface nearest to me. Well, a fellow customer did not like that very much. With her face pinched, she pointed to my back and said "Do you mind not leaning on that, other people need to shop here too". Here's what I wanted to explain to her. 

When I entered the establishment I didn't need to go far. The sticker on the ground telling me to "wait here" for the sandwich line was right next to the entrance. So yes, I was six feet away from the idiots who took eight minutes to order two hoagies. However, while I waited I was inches from every single customer who entered or exited the store. 

Once it was my turn to order, my fingers were all over the touchscreen pad. Why? Because that's the only way too order. I knew the risk for my grilled cheese. When I left the hoagie assembly line to get my drink I walked past a kid who picked up some Nacho Cheese Doritos. Before leaving the isle he must've had a moment of clarity and put them back for some Cool Ranch. Can't blame him. Then I grabbed my Arizona that was most likely stocked by hand without gloves and was rung up at the counter. 

The cashier touched every thing I wanted to purchase so he could scan the bar code. The sign on the glass divider says "There's A Smile Behind My Mask" but I could see how dead his eyes were. When it was time to pay I touched the key pad to enter my pin for my debit card. That's how I got to this leaning predicament you find me in.   

We're all touching shit. I didn't realize that my back was up against the side of the counter. The counter, mind you, with the cash register that hasn't even been an open lane for at least a year. How'd you even get in here anyway? You aren't wearing any gloves and I know the entrance has a pull handle on it. All I wanted was a God damn grilled cheese, is that too much to ask? Was it that big of a fucking deal that you had to call me out in front of all my Wawa friends?

That's what I wanted to explain. But all I said was, "Oh! Of course, I'm so sorry, I didn't even realize!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment