Sunday, March 15, 2020

At Your Age Now, What Is The Latest Age You Could Beat Steph Curry?

Image result for young steph curry


Ok so the title sucks but it's late and I don't know how else to use the English language to pose that question. So I'll try to explain myself. I am 26 years old and I'd bet the house that I could beat a 9 year old Stephen Curry. That's just an example, not my final answer, Regis. 

It was Steph's birthday yesterday, so there was a lot of clips of him floating around on Twitter. I've always found Steph irritating. Since him and LeBron share the face of the NBA, I think Steph gets a pass a lot because LeBron is more of a blatant dork. The whole mouth guard and shimmy thing, hate it. I think Steph looks like Charlie Brown dancing when he celebrates. Anyway, happy birthday dude. ESPN posted a video of Steph on an NBA court at maybe age 10 swopping a three, doing an around the back pass, and hitting a half court shot. After the first shot my inner machismo said "I'd send that shit". Which made me think, how old is too old to beat Steph Curry. 

I'm really fat and even more out of shape. But I still run the court every once in awhile with the boys. My friends being the starting five of the winners of the Shore Conference in high school. Not to name drop, but one even went on to play college ball at Fairleigh Dickinson. Now that you know how serious I am about being able to ball, I think I can take a 16 year old Steph Curry in basketball. I don't know why they had this but businessinsider.com claims Steph was 5'7" and 130 lb his freshman year of high school. How much more could he have grown in a year? I got him sophmore year. I have grown man weight, he doesn't want to see me in the paint. I'd set the game to only 7 by 1's so I don't get gassed, and I get ball first. What is he going to do, protest? You're already going to eat some bows Steph, don't make me feed you a knuckle sandwich too. I make the rules around here pipsqueak.  

So congratulations to me: a 26 year old unathletic grown man who put a beat down on an imaginary 16 year old Steph Curry. So at your age now, you can beat a ___ year old Steph Curry? Damn, that should've been the title. Too late to change it now, takes away my whole first paragraph.      

No comments:

Post a Comment