Thursday, May 26, 2022

Popular Singapore Beer Made With Sewage Water


If you want to take a peak into the future where humanity takes drastic measures to combat water shortages, look no further than Singapore. The city-state rolled out it’s most recent line of NewBrew, comprised mainly of NeWater. Filtered water made by the people of Singapore themselves. Dookie and pee pee water. 

I immediately thought this was a product of some edgy hippie brewery. There’s two types of brewery workers. The kind that’s why too enthusiastic to explain their beer to the point where you’re like “alright calm down it’s still just beer”. Or the kind who looks disgusted that you’ve found their business. If you ask the latter a question they’ll make you feel like you’re wasting their time and don’t belong. I could see either one of these characters begging me or shaming me into trying PooBrew. 

But nope. No girl covered in tats or white dudes in thick frames and long beanies trying to sell you this IPA in front of a commissioned graffiti wall. Just Singapore. They’ve got a blonde brew, no shit. I’m assuming it’s to promote the safety of Singapore’s NeWater, which has been in circulation for nearly twenty years in response to their water shortage. With collected rainwater and imported Malaysian water only meeting 50% of their needs, the city-state started putting its sewage water through rigorous filtering to provide another outlet of safe drinking water. 

I applaud their effort, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. All these chic beers love using bragging terminology like “smells like” and “a hint of”. Can’t take that gamble. Not yet. Besides shit obviously, what’s the worst pee smell you could get a whiff of off your beer? Asparagus? Coffee? I swear when I was younger and ate Spaghettios Meatballs my piss would smell just like the Campbell’s can. 

But the customers in the video seemed to like it. The American customers too. You know, similar pallets and all. Good, gives me hope. Good to know in the future when everything literally goes to shit, we’ll still be able to throw back a couple cold ones. Nice to know our priorities are sorted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment