Thursday, February 17, 2022

Investigative Journalism: Sopranos Chevy Commercial Edition


It’s a miracle that I caught this commercial. It was a point in my Super Bowl experience where commercials became mandatory bathroom breaks. Luckily my ears are so attuned to the Sopranos theme song that it stopped me in my tracks. 

If you haven’t seen the commercial Jamie-Lynn Sigler reprises her role as Meadow Soprano to drive around mainly shitty parts of New Jersey. The northern part of the Turnpike mostly. I’m not gonna lie I thought it was a trailer at first and was outside of my skull. When she plugged in her blue electric Chevy it became clear that it was just another car commercial.

AJ Soprano also made an appearance hugging Meadow outside the restaurant she parked in front of. Good to see AJ’s still in character being a shitty son. He didn’t even tell his old man he was going to be in a Super Bowl commercial, which you can watch here

But…wait, hold on. I immediately became that Leo realization meme of him pointing at the TV. I know that restaurant that Jamie Lynn parked in front of. Bit pricey for my side of the tracks but my Mom tried kicking me out of Bahr’s on Mother’s Day one year because I got her a “grandmother” card and put a fake sonogram in it. 

There’s no fucking car charging station there, is there? 

The restaurant in the commercial, Bahr’s with the big red lobster sign, is 5.1 miles from my house. A nine minute drive. Since I’m sick of letting the Sopranos leave things to my own imagination, I decided to investigate for myself. 

Low and behold:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1JyVRhz1Qbahgt53xf9fQfOqETZIxTbIF
(Praying this picture uploads) 

No charging station. Not even a hint of a charging station. In fact, where Meadow parked would have been super illegal. There’s no parking on that side of the street and it would have been right on top of the ramp entrance to get back on to Highway 36. I guess the Sopranos have committed worse than a $60 traffic violation, but still. 

Why does this matter? I don’t know. False advertising? I don’t think that’s how that works. Encouraging people to park illegally? Nobody is that dumb. I thought the big reveal was going to pack a bigger punch honestly. Just thought you ought to know.

No, actually, you know what! What it is is that I know that slimeball David Chase was on the set for this commercial! I saw the behind the scenes. It’s been thirteen years and this sick fuck is still getting his jollies off on tricking you through your television for absolutely no reason. Just tell us the truth, David. 


No comments:

Post a Comment